Search engine optimization right? The competitive seo word, Internet dragging? Leave it today, mourn over it tomorrow!. Quick take this simple logic article into consideration :D.
Complete List of SEO Terms In Blog World
For me and other newbie who want to learn internet marketing especially on Search Engine Optimation (SEO), can be very difficult when not understanding the meaning and meaning of some terms in SEO itself. This glossary can be a basic guide for beginner bloggers, as well as “refresh” insight into SEO for those already familiar with important terms in the world of blogging and website content design.
To make it easier you can press CTRL + F key on the keyboard, then type what word you are looking for.
Here is the list of terms.
An alternative text that has a function to tell search engines about an image. Alt text has an important role to bring your blog or website in google image.
What is SEO? How Does it Works ?
A text or text contained on a blog page or website, where the text in it there is a link that can be clicked and leads to a page.
Search engine optimization techniques are conflicting guidelines on google. This technique can usually rank a website or blog quickly, but when google update algorithm certainly the website or blog will be exposed to a penalty.
Links that are in a blog or website that has been invalid or damaged.
A process when Googlebot finds new content on your website or blog then the content will be added to get indexed by Google.
A metric used by MOZ to be able to predict how strong a domain name is. In general, domain authorities have their own calculations such as the number of external links that go to the domain, the age of the domain, the amount of content indexed google, and others.
This word is popularized by an Expert SEO Expert namely Greg Boser. According to him, link juice is a link contained in a website, where the link has a role when improving the website that we are optimizing. The link juice benchmark itself can be seen from how popular the website where we store the link.
Google dance is an algorithm created by google to rearrange websites or blogs that are in SERP. So do not be surprised if your website suddenly down, the number of visitors and do not directly to the judge if your website is penalized.
Google pagerank is a metric value given to a website, where the value has meaning about how important your website is according to Google”s point of view.
A google algorithm name is created in order to display a blog or website quality, has original content and not copy-paste results. In essence, this one algorithm is more emphasis on the quality of content that you create on the website or blog.
An algorithm designed by Google to penalize web or blog proven to violate rules to manipulate SERP. Examples are excessive link building, keyword stuffing, cloacking, and much more.
A penalty or punishment given by google to a web page, by way of lowering the ranking of the page position in SERP, This obviously will be very harmful to you because it will not get traffic with keywords you have ever optimization.
Google services to measure and analyze user visits to your website.
Is a metric calculation results issued by Moz to assess how well a website page. These calculations are closely related to the ranking of websites on the search page. As for the indicator of the calculation of the metric is the calculation of incoming links, the value of MozRank, MozTrust, and still other factors.
This is a technique that is quite often used by SEO activists. The purpose of the use of this technique is to keep the middle URL in the optimization is not exposed to a penalty from google. In general, a 301 redirect is permanently redirecting the old URL to a new URL or URL A to URL B, where about 90-99% link juice from the original URL will be redirected to the new URL.
Link exchanges made by two websites where the function in order to obtain a favorable traffic between the two sides.
Serp is an abbreviation of search engine results page or simple say that is the search engine page.
A website commonly used to manage, store, and share URLs that are considered important.
Search engine optimization techniques that conform to google”s guidelines.
Bounce rate is a term used to measure how many users only visit ONE page of our website. Bounce rate is measured in percent. The lower the value, the better a website. For example bounce rate of this website is 75% meaning if there are 100 visitors, there are 75 people who directly leave the website without opening another article. Websites are considered qualified if bounche rate is below 50%.
Other Common Terms in the SEO World
– Keyword Research is the process of finding the right keywords to target that is having a high search with the lowest possible trade. Keyword Research is the earliest part of seo and can greatly affect your rank results later. If you choose keywords that are medium to top competition but your blog is still relatively new, this is a very big mistake. This will result in your blog”s high rank opportunities in Search Engines almost non-existent due to overly strong competition.
– Keyword Planner is one tool owned by google that helps us do keyword research.
– Competitors are our competitors in pursuing targeted keywords Exact match types are keyword search types that will display keywords in the title without adding other keywords, these results are the most relevant and frequently used bloggers for keyword research.
– Monthly searches is the number of monthly searches on a keyword.
Term In Offpage SEO
– PBN – Private Blog Network; PBN or private blog network is a collection of blogs own-owned website whose goal is to provide backlinks to the main blog in an effort to improve the ranking of these blogs on Search Engines.
– Dofollow is a type of link whose point will be forwarded by google to the page referenced.
– Nofollow is the opposite of Dofollow, ie google will not forward its page points to the referenced page.
– Link Building is the process to build backlinks that will be directed to your blog.
– Backlink is a term where links or links from other blogs that lead to our blog.
– Footprint is a footnote that you enter into google search query to search for blogs to be used as a place to plant backlinks.
– Keywords or keywords are the main words emphasized in a page.
– Outbound links are outbound links that exist on a page to another page. In looking for backlinks, you should plant backlinks in place of minimal Outbound links.
– Social Bookmark is a site that allows us to publish and share our articles.
– Blog Comment is a technique to find backlinks by commenting on other people”s sites.
– One Way Backlink is a one way backlink like doing backlink from blog comment.
– Link baiting is a backlink that we can for free because there are bloggers who voluntarily put our link on his blog.
Term In Onpage SEO
– Title Tag is the code that governs the page title display in the browser tab section, usually this code is placed under code.
– Crawl is a google process to crawl a site, the more often the site is crawled by google, the better the blog in the eyes of google.
– Meta Description is a meta that displays the text of the description phrase on the google search page.
– Relevance is the relevant level or similarity of a site determined by google as a determinant of Search Engine rankings.
– Permalink is the url that exists after the homepage url, e.g http://www.karlexpert.com/p/about-us.html, the red is the permalink.
– Authority is the determination to the authority of a site according to google, the more authoruty the site then the better according to google.
– Page Authority is the authority of a site page.
– Domain Authority is the authority of a site domain.
– Heading Tag is the tagging of the text to tell this text the most important, more important, less important, and so on.
– Bold is a bold text of optimized keyword text.
– Alt Tag is giving alt to the picture to tell google the name of an image, because google itself can not crawl the image.
– Long Tail Keyword is a long keyword that works so that we more easily rank high on google because of less competition level.
15 Off-Page & On-Page Strategies – SEO Cheat Sheet
Term In Blackhat SEO
– Hidden Text is a technique to hide the actual link, usually the color will be equated with the background color.
– Cloacking is a technique to make search engines display results that are not the same or different from the results seen by readers or visitors. This technique is the most severe punishment if known by google, ie de-index.
– Stacking keywords is putting a lot of keywords in one page so that keywords can be digested by google search engine.
– Link spam is to plant backlinks in any place, this includes blackhat because according to google will reduce the convenience of a website page.
SEO Terms In Google Algorithm
– Sandbox is the time it takes a site to seek trust back to google because it has lost trust and disappeared from google index page.
– Honeymoon is a term to describe a website that can be directly on one google page in a few moments, and if not optimized correctly, its position may change.
Due to the writer”s limitations, apologize if anything has not been mentioned. Hopefully this articles “Complete List of SEO Terms In Blog World” help you gain little ?.
Here are more to read:
10 On-Page SEO Factors Your Blog is Probably Missing
What is On Page SEO Optimization and Off Page SEO?
SEO Secrets: How to Measure Blog Traffic Based Keywords